Visit to The Higgins Museum Bedford 7 March 2015

Date and Time: 
Saturday, 7. March 2015 - 0:00 to 23:45
Location: 
The Higgins Art Gallery & Museum Castle Lane Bedford MK40 3XD

 

The Higgins Bedford was founded by Cecil Higgins (1856-1941) to house his collection of ceramics, glass and objets d’art for the benefit of the public.  The collection of glass numbers over 350 pieces and includes; Ravenscroft lead glass, glass from Whitefriars. wine glasses for and against the Jacobite cause, Irish cut glass, tiny Roman bottles, forest glass beakers, Venetian Cristallo, Facon de Venise, Tiffany and Sam Herman.We will have a talk from the Head of Collections, Tom Perrett plus handling of glass objects. Victoria Partridge Keeper of Fine and Decorative Arts will also be available to us on the day. The talk will last approximately 1.5 hours which will be followed by independent tour of the collection.

                      Full Details & Booking Form