I'm delighted to announce the publication of my new book on Caithness Glass. The book comprises:
• A specially written introduction covering the history of Caithness Glass from the inception of the idea in 1958 until 2008, and containing entirely new, as yet unpublished, information.
• Compiled with the help of Domhnall ÓBroin’s daughter Emer, key figures in the company, and leading designers and glassmakers including Peter Holmes.
• A detailed examination of co-founder and first designer Domhnall ÓBroin’s life, and his work at Caithness Glass.
• Archive photographs showing the factory’s early days, and never seen before.
• Over 200 specially commissioned full colour photographs by Graham Rae.
• Photographs of rare and unique pieces from the collection of Emer ÓBroin.
• A thorough examination of the company’s enormously successful, yet hitherto ignored, sandbasted designs, accompanied by a list of the names of sandblasters.
• Clearly divided into chapters comprising ‘Clear Colour’, ‘Stripes & Mottles’, ‘Complex Decoration’ and ‘Cut, Engraved & Sandblasted’, allowing you to quickly and easily identify your Caithness glass.
• Designers covered include Domhnall ÓBroin, Colin Terris, Paul Ysart, David Gulland, Denis Mann, Helen MacDonald, Alastair MacIntosh, Gordon Hendry, and Sarah Peterson.
• Ranges covered include Stroma, Morven, Scaraben, Oban, Spinningdale, Adagio, Cadenza, Tartan Twist, and the later complex studio-type ranges of the 1990s and 2000s.
• Information on the different colours, boxes and labels used by the company, and original advertisements and catalogue pages.
It costs £20 + P&P from my website, www.markhillpublishing.com
I hope you enjoy it and find it useful, I'll be very interested in your comments!
Mark Hill Publishing Ltd
Read my blog at www.markhill.net